The Military Veteran


    The Department of Defense (DoD) provides military funeral honors upon request to include folding and presenting of the United States flag and playing of Taps. A funeral honor includes two or more uniformed members of the armed forces. At least one member will be from the deceased’s branch of service.
    How to Apply
      Family members may request their funeral director contact the DoD at 877-MIL-HONR. For burials at VA national cemeteries, contact the VA at 800-827-1000. Likewise, veterans’ service organizations or volunteer groups may help provide honors.

    Search our hot-topic links to the left for more information and helpful advice!

    * While The Military Veteran strives to keep the most up-to-date information, we can not guarantee the complete accuracy of such provided. All data utilized has been gathered through research of the Department of Veterans Affairs and other government agencies.


    Copyright ©2006 The Military Veteran