“It is never too early to plan for the inevitable!”
You can choose to be buried in a VETERANS’ or PRIVATE CEMETERY and still receive benefits. Discover the numerous options available to you, and help make life a little easier for your surviving family members.
- Veterans who served in active duty and were discharged other than dishonorable.
- Service members who die while on active duty.
- Spouses of veterans and active duty service members.
- Dependent children of veterans and service members.
- Reservists and National Guard members. (*Check with the VA for special qualifications.)
*NOTE: If a veteran dies on or after January 1, 2000, the surviving spouse will not lose eligibility to be buried in a national cemetery if they remarry.
For a listing of veterans’ cemeteries, click the links below.
What are the benefits?
- Headstones and Markers
Bronze, Granite, or Marble - Delivered at no cost!
- Presidential Memorial Certificate
In recognition of your military service.
- Burial Flags
In memory of you.
- Reimbursement of Burial Expenses
Up to $2000 cash back.
- Burial Allowance
$300 paid by the VA.
- Plot Allowance
$$ Assistance for your burial.
- Military Funeral Honors
A dedicated salute to you!
Search our hot-topic links to the left for more information and helpful advice!
* While The Military Veteran strives to keep the most up-to-date information, we can not guarantee the complete accuracy of such provided. All data utilized has been gathered through research of the Department of Veterans Affairs and other government agencies.